Fun

Former Employee - Sales Associate in O Fallon, MO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in O Fallon, MO

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

discounts
fun
good pay
easy
meet new people
shopping on the job
get to where cute outfits
you get to talk to people

Cons

rude people
people stealing
late hours
must learn how to use a cash register
must organize clothes
must repeatedly put clothes back and straighten hangers

Advice to Management

The leadership at forever 21 was mainly my manager explaining how to straighten the clothes on the hanger and where to put clothes back

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Well... it's retail!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

You get to meet a lot of interesting and different people while on the job, I've seen people get super close and make great friends while on the job. You get to look at clothes while you work. while you're cleaning up you can take a look at the clothes and decide to buy it later. They are pretty flexible with your work hours, especially since 90% of the employees are students, so that's good. You can usually get some days off if you request it. You don't need any experience to work here and the pay is okay for no experience.

Cons

They cut hours. The customers think they are shopping at Barney's and expected to be treated like royalty when they act like uncivilized street rats. Some managers (but not all of them) can play favorites, and barely help out on the floor, especially when we are recovering after the store is closed. Instead of getting on the floor and cleaning up, they walk around and tell everyone how messy it is, chat with their favorites, and expect everyone to help out. Can they even do go-backs? Your night can depend on who is in charge. The employee discount is only 10%, yea the clothes already cheap, but give us a little more and trust us we will spend more money there.

Advice to Management

Instead of rewarding just your favorite, look at who is actually working the entire time and not just trying to chum you up.

Easy tasks, friendly people, annoying customers.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

The hours they give are fine with me, and are pretty flexible especially with college students. I've met some nice people there and most of the managers are really cool (because they are also studying in college). There is so much nice clothing and employees get to see what comes in first (so if you want something, get it while it's still there; stuff goes out fast, and rarely do they restock). You should know a little about fashion too, and the latest trends.

Cons

We get a 10% discount which is nothing. Yeah, the clothes are at a decent price, but come on. Working until closing can get tiring, but with the few hours they give per week, I don't mind staying until 11 or longer. The most annoying thing is the customers. You should know where most of the clothing is, since they are categorized, but sometimes the women will ask for a specific item of clothing, detailing everything they are looking for, and you just won't know (the visuals change the placement of clothing every week, so everything will look totally different. This makes it harder for employees to know where everything is, making us seem like we don't know anything- we don't have shifts everyday so it's difficult to keep up. Only the managers know where everything is all the time.) And if someone asks for something on the mannequin, and it is the last one we have in stock, we are not authorized to take it off the manequin; only the visuals do that... So get used to getting some dirty looks from women who blame the employees for not having anymore, and get used to the complaining. Women are also the messiest; if they see something, and don't like it, they won't hesitate to put it anywhere else but the place where they got it. Yeah, it's our job to make sure everything is tidy and in it's place, but don't leave it on the floor. Oh yeah, and the pay is minimum wage. I'm looking for another place to work...