Forever 21

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Worst job ever

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Youthful atmosphere
Decent hours when not working at 4 AM
Had the ability to socialize with other employees during shift

Cons

Had to work at crazy hours to open store
Management hired on many workers simply to open the store. Later they fired half of the employees
Management lost one of my paychecks. later they mailed me an expired check. When i mailed them my expired check to get a new one they lost it. I

Get managers who speak english and who can manage pay checks

1674 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Over-worked, under-payed

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great coworkers, I think of them as my family, but that's pretty much the only good thing I can think of

Cons

-Long Hours
    -Discount is terrible
    -No employee appreciation
    -Management is horrible
    -No room for moving up in the company if you work in a small store

Easy tasks, friendly people, annoying customers.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

The hours they give are fine with me, and are pretty flexible especially with college students. I've met some nice people there and most of the managers are really cool (because they are also studying in college). There is so much nice clothing and employees get to see what comes in first (so if you want something, get it while it's still there; stuff goes out fast, and rarely do they restock). You should know a little about fashion too, and the latest trends.

Cons

We get a 10% discount which is nothing. Yeah, the clothes are at a decent price, but come on. Working until closing can get tiring, but with the few hours they give per week, I don't mind staying until 11 or longer. The most annoying thing is the customers. You should know where most of the clothing is, since they are categorized, but sometimes the women will ask for a specific item of clothing, detailing everything they are looking for, and you just won't know (the visuals change the placement of clothing every week, so everything will look totally different. This makes it harder for employees to know where everything is, making us seem like we don't know anything- we don't have shifts everyday so it's difficult to keep up. Only the managers know where everything is all the time.) And if someone asks for something on the mannequin, and it is the last one we have in stock, we are not authorized to take it off the manequin; only the visuals do that... So get used to getting some dirty looks from women who blame the employees for not having anymore, and get used to the complaining. Women are also the messiest; if they see something, and don't like it, they won't hesitate to put it anywhere else but the place where they got it. Yeah, it's our job to make sure everything is tidy and in it's place, but don't leave it on the floor. Oh yeah, and the pay is minimum wage. I'm looking for another place to work...

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21