There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

It was fun but you had to look good to work there.

Former Employee - Cashier in Newark, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Newark, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

we got a 10% discount on anything we buy and the people that helped train we were really nice and made sure I knew what i was doing.

Cons

the customers were very rude to us and complained about their return policy. Also making sure the store was clean was very hard too because people were constantly dropping clothes on the floor.

reviews filtered by
  1. An interesting,fun, nightmare all in one

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in retail for about eight years and I feel like my peers at XXI are more sincere and less catty because of the things we go through. If you enjoy clothes and appreciate merchandising working here keeps you on your toes, sometimes it gets a bit frustrating when pieces are moved around but if you just take a few minutes to ask a visual or you know your concepts it's cakewalk.

Cons

I understand that being in a management position is stressful, but it does not make it okay to be condescending and completely disrespectful to your employees. Not all managers do this, but it feels like the majority of them treat us horribly, almost as if they are trained to treat us so. Yes, it is our job to perform our duties, but letting us know that or sections are looking great after customers have rummaged through our sections, instead of calling us names would be highly appreciated. The turn over rate for this company is high because of the way managers conduct themselves. This is pretty much the only negative thing that really comes to mind, alongside the measly 10% discount,super gnarly closes,and overtime not even existing.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they're humans, because we are,and we work really hard and are really good at what we do.

2. Love Hate Relationship

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best coworkers ever. You hang out with your fellow associates outside of work and form lasting bonds and relationships. Everyone gets along really well.

Cons

Angry, rude and disrespectful customers. Favoritism. Gossip.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and actually promote associates based on work ethic, not on how often they go out drinking with you.