Forever 21

www.forever21.com

Working there is ok. Most people dont last 6 months

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Promotional opportuities
Bonues
Team Work
Okay pay depending on what state and city you live in.

Cons

Slave Work
Management unfair
People are in your personally busniess to much

Other reviews for Forever 21

No matter how much you think you might want to work here, you DON'T want to work here

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Cruz, CA

Pros

The managers are pretty lenient about getting people to cover your shifts - if you don't want to/couldn't work a certain shift, as long as you take it upon yourself to find someone to cover said shift, all you have to do is tell a manager about the change and it can be done easily.
    ONE of my ASMs is a really cool girl, so it's fun to work with her. She's understanding and funny. Other than that, there are NO pros to working here.

Cons

The biggest con, and the saddest thing in my honest opinion is that Forever 21 doesn't value their employees in the slightest. Why should they? They're disposable to them. If someone quits, they can easily hire someone else that will happily do your job, and they know it. There's people coming in to turn in apps all the time! They don't care about building a relationship with their employees or meeting their needs because they don't care if you are happy with your job - they just need you to work until you're fed up, and then they'll hire someone else to do the same thing until they're fed up too, and so on. They throw you into your job with little to no training and then get angry at you if you don't do things right. They overstaff their stores so they don't have to give them full-time, and then they can't schedule enough hours for all of the people, so they give everyone the MINIMUM hours they can until people get fed up and quit, so they don't have to drop anyone because then they'd have to pay unemployment. They don't really give anyone opportunity for growth, and you have to have serious connections to move up in the company. Forever 21 is also NOT an EOE, no matter what they say. They even told everyone they hired that we got hired because we were fashion forward and they liked our style.
    I'm not complaining, really, just telling it like it is. And it really is very sad.

More cons:
    NOT payed enough for the work we do at ALL.
    10% discount is ridiculous for the amount of money they make.
    NO BENEFITS! Not even the opportunity to get any! They won't hire anyone full time because they don't want to give anyone benefits.
    Corporate is extremely rude and disrespectful to their employees.
    This particular store hired WAY too many employees for grand opening, and now they aren't giving anyone any hours. Most people have 1-2 days a week, IF that. Some employees work one shift every OTHER week.
    However, their scheduling is disorganized and they NEVER have enough coverage. I get scheduled around 12 hours a week (if I'm REALLY lucky), but not ONCE have I gone in to work when they haven't asked me to stay late or come in early because they messed up a schedule or are too busy for the amount of people they have. I can usually get around 8-10 extra hours a week if I want it just because they're so disorganized.
    If they are too busy and you have to stay on cashwrap well past when your lunch break should be, they will keep you as long as they please and "edit" your time so they don't get in trouble for making you work too long without a break. But if you get too caught up in working and forget to take your lunch on time, or accidentally forget to clock in/out/anything else, they will edit your time but give your a violation for it.
    Also, they will

Get OUT of that place, and find someone who values you! You can put your management skills to much better use at a company that actually at least SOMEWHAT cares about their employees, management included. The company treats their management like ____ too, and I don't think they should have to put up with it either.

Worst company in the world to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good friends. Get to see new merchandise all the time.

Cons

This is by far the worst job I have ever had in my life. The management is always crap and all of the positions have insanely high turnaround rates. In the 6 months I worked for the company, they had countless managers and sales associates. The only consistant position was the visual team. The discount is ridiculous. The hours and pay are horrible. You work way too hard for how little you get paid. The employee discount barely covers sales tax.

Treat your employees like they're actually worth something to you!

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!