There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Forever 21 is fashion and fun

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lakewood, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

You are around Clothes you love.
You can wear whatever you want to work.
Flexible Schedule.
They hired me on the spot

Cons

Be careful, you might spend your whole check at work.
If you are an average employee you might only get small amount of pay.

When I was there I had insensitive manager with no sense of person-ability....

1325 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Not the worst but could be better

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hit or miss- either you love the team or you don't.
    - Opportunity to grow as a manager. I was promoted to a new store after only 6 months with company.
    - Nice benefits and opportunity to bonus out quarterly.
    - Decent recognition from DM when doing well.
    - Great prices on merch, trendiest around. :)
    - I enjoyed my job for the most part, as a manager you have a bit of wiggle room .Personally, I loved training and hiring. So you have the opportunity to make your EE's the very best.

Over all, I had a good 2 year experience with Forever, but toward the end I became more and more dissatisfied with the way the company was run, and the way me and others were being treated.
    However, if you're starting out in management, It is rather strenuous, but it is a great touch stone and you really learn how to multi-task. I've worked several retail management jobs and never worked for any company as fast-paced as Forever!

Cons

- If you're not open to a fast paced environment, don't apply here. Not even as a sales associate. Constantly busy, surprisingly VERY high visual standards, very messy. Customers really don't respect you.
    - As a manager, if your CM or SM is fired, you'll often have to do their work for a long time until position is filled without a pay raise. *Reason why I left.
    - Unless it's something "positive" my DM disliked calling back to discuss issues. Voice-mail would be full, no answer when calling. No response to 3+ e-mails until a month later. Only time I really got a call back is if I e-mailed, "So... I've been thinking about resigning."
    - Depending on the store you work at/how many managers it is like pulling teeth to get a weekend off, even when I had accumulated 50+ hours of PTO. Rotation was consistently brought up, but tended to be ignored.With 4+ managers there was no reason to not rotate weekends to take stress off of your employees backs'.
    - 10% discount isn't the best, but with prices so low, you can't beat them. I couldn't really complain.
    - Careful to not get sucked into work drama. Keep it separate. Be professional.

- Promote from within. Too many times was our district in a bind that managers suggested great sales associates to DM to be promoted, but were never given the opportunity.
    - DM/RM should create better relationship with CO and ASM's, aside from only SM's. They run the store, too, and sometimes SM's don't talk about all the issues in the store, and only cover their problems up with smiles and small-talk.

For a privately owned company, Don does a pretty steady job, so when it comes to super senior management, thumbs up to the Chang family.

WORST JOB EVER!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

fashion forward. ... yep thats it..

Cons

working crazy hours,extremely hostile work envirement (even with the fellow employees) which includes working over night for a week every 2 months while in school. managers are very mean and make sure to remind everyone of how disposable they were ( heard this almost everyday) I was promoted to an accessories specialist and was never givin my raise. there is also no communication throughout the managers in the store. you will most likely get depressed working here due to long hours, rude customers and managers and a bunch of employees ready to talk badly about you.

treat your emploees like people. This place is the most hostile work envirement.

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!