There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Great way to learn fashion

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The first person to see the new and upcoming stock.

Cons

Store is totally out of control when it comes to putting all clothes back on the rack when closing. Its absolute MESS, UNORGANIZED and TIRING. For example: you will run into many tops or bottoms not in stock so you will be going in circle looking for something thats discontinued. No one will help you because YES girls are catty!

Advice to Management, for new hires PLEASE be courteous and professional to introduce them to all employees so they don't feel they cant ask them for help.

reviews filtered by

Forever Hell

Current Employee - Employee in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Employee in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The managers usually allows time-off requests if it is not during holidays. The clothes are of good quality for a reasonable price

Cons

Not scheduling enough people on the weekends when it is extremely busy. You're expected to stay past your scheduled time. The managers are incompetent and lazy. They rarely hire from within the store for different positons.

This store is a place of business, not a day-care center for your child to stay because you can't find a babysitter. If pregnancy and stress is the reason why you all can't perform your job, then maybe we should hire a new store manager and co-manager. If you all want us to pass our mystery shop visits then maybe you all should be on the floor giving customer service rather than having "alleged" meetings and watching the cameras for 8 hours straight.

2. Welcome to Fashion Politics!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great learning experience for anyone, even if you aren't the fashion savvy.
    - Depending on your location, you will meet great people.
    - Also depending on location, you can really promote within the company without any college. With college you move up the company fast.
    - If you work at a busy or flagship store, you are guaranteed many hours.

Cons

My mistake was leaving the flagship store downtown to a mall because of the closer distance to my house. Around the same time, my best friend who had been promoted to manager also had to make the move to a mall store and we both left the company after we had been there for more than 2 years. The most annoying thing was the politics which can occur at any job but there is so much involved in Forever 21 politics. Your look, who you know, who you talk to, your attitude, plus your work ethic is all taken into account.
     In the smaller stores there are a lot of mismanagements and egos. If you are not liked for any reason by someone who is cool with someone who determines your place in the company, you may as well leave. It's also a lot more pressure to produce more out of little resources. You will have to clean bathrooms, assist with stock, and get paid way lower. (My mistake for taking a pay cut while only working 10-18 hours a week)
    My largest advice is not getting lost within what the company wants and not selling your soul.

Spend a couple of days in the stores, working those lower positions so that you can understand your employees. Managers are often stressed, which stresses the associates-- because the managers are usually trying their hardest.

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21