There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Loved working there, wish I stayed; but I felt under appreciated.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, everyone was nice, worked long hours that went by fast, was always busy, good experience, visual was maintained pretty decently.

Cons

Managers are incompetent when it came to scheduling. A couple times my shifts were changed without notice. Often I would get asked to stay late or come in, which is great, more money for me. But not only did I go to the lengths of being willingly to stay, but I also had to commute 6 miles from another city, without my own car or license. And despite my other efforts to learn the floor on my own and help customers, they were greatly overshadowed by the few mistakes I made on register (if it was such a problem they could have easily put me somewhere else, but instead I felt like I was being set up for failure). I was also taken off the schedule a week before my seasonal term ended - without notice. Other than that: horrible discount, they sell wool despite no longer selling fur and offering cruelty free makeup, faux suede and leather. Not to mention the profits of the gift boxes that were sold in donation to sick children come at the expense of clothes that are made using child labor overseas.

Hire within your means, hire an appropriate amount of people that you can actually maintain and keep the lines of communication open with each person.

reviews filtered by

Really the worst company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Met some wonderful people while working there.
    Get to express myself through fashion.

Cons

Definitely one of the worst placed I've worked at.
    There was a lot of picking clothes off from the floor which I don't mind at all because it was my job to make sure the sale floors are clean. And even though there were some difficult and needy customers, I stuck to my job as a sales associate and provided them with the appropriate assistance that any customer deserve. What ticked me off and made me quit just after three months of working there was a group of unprofessional and immature managers. They played favortism; did not care whether you are a hardworker or not, if you are not their friends then they will give you terrible hours. Also I noticed these young managers were very unorganized and showed signs that they have no knowledge of how to lead a group or manage people.

Go back to school and take a management class.

2. Sr. Accountant

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Nice Building, but not that much pros.

Cons

low salary, unprofessional upper management

No comment