There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience and almost free lunch

Cons

The IT department is so poorly managed that business needs are not addressed and most projects are a failure. The company purchases bug vendors but never executes on them properly. An example is the BI project, a complete failure since the business doesn't even use properly .

Reorganize the IT department

1414 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Its like checking yourself into Fashion Daycare!

I worked at Forever 21 full-time

Pros

I made friends, hours and pay are decent.
    Discount is ONLY 10%

Cons

Worst company I ever worked for! I haven't been this micro managed since I was in a preschool. The company has a terrible work environment...someone should call OSHA. The stockroom/break room is so packed with boxes, you have to climb your way to the bathroom, and stumble over fixtures that are stored in the bathroom just so you can use it. The ONLY fire exit in the store is constantly blocked with waist high trash...so good luck getting out. There is no air so unpacking chemical saturated apparel makes you light head, and nausea. Anytime you take a break, lunch or stray from your assigned corner you MUST inform a manager of the time you are on your break, and the time you get back. You are not allowed to take breaks unless all your "chores" are done.
    If they mess up your hours on payroll, the managers don't want to fill out the any paperwork, so they just add to your next pay period, but cut your hours so it balances??!!

PLEASE stop micro managing your workers, do it on a case by case basis. Let them have responsibility, and speak to them with respect. Dont ask for a doctor's note if you dont provide healthcare for your workers. Please have more formal training, and information available.

Hard work sometimes worth the reward

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met some great people working there. I loved seeing the new trends and interacting with customers.

Cons

The management is up your behind, even if your doing your job to the fullest. The hours fluctuate too much. "Inventory" i work 2 consecutive shifts before i was aloud to leave. It feels like slavery in there I didn't feel valued. Felt like high school some of the managers were petty and did nothing but talk on their cell phones

Fire the non productive workers and treat the hard workers with more kindness.

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21