Forever 21

www.forever21.com
  www.forever21.com
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

F21 is an OK place to work.

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- It's a pretty fun place to work as a Sales Associate and you can basically wear what you want to work.

Cons

- The discount is only 10%. Most Sales Associate positions are part time.

1530 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

A lot of very unprofessional coworkers.

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great to see the upcoming trends

Cons

Only 10% discount, disorganized, unprofessional staff

A fun experience turned horrible.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to meet (some) fun coworkers and make friends. You get to be around cute clothing. You get first dibs on any new arrival to the store before it goes on the sales floor. Pay can be decent if you are scheduled regularly, and if you get a high enough pay rate. Management can SOMETIMES be cool.

Cons

When you are interviewing, they make empty promises that you can move up in the company and that you too can become a manager some day, blah blah, but that's just to reel you in. Five months later, I have been able to catch on... I really tried to make the best of this, even after reading other reviews, but I should have just declined the offer. The same week I was hired, Bath and Body Works was showing interest in me. Should have just took that chance. Once they (Forever 21) have you, you find out that the highest you can go from a Sales Associate is a Head Cashier, nothing further. Some of the Head Cashiers really need a reality check, btw. They think they are better than others because they make maybe $0.40 more than their associates. I make more than both combined. Some of the management needs to get over themselves. They try to act snooty as if this is Neman Marcus, when it's just Forever 21. They expect way too much of you for way too little. Even if you are hardly ever scheduled, they expect you to make them a priority. They are unwilling to work around your schedule, even if you have other responsibilities, such as school or another job, they expect you and that other job to work around them. Since retail schedules are a bit unpredictable, that's pretty much impossible. I have seen them expect folks to miss their classes to come to work for them. Are they crazy? You get no benefits if you work part time. No dental, no medical, no vision, nothing. No real room for upward mobility because most of the Managers/Assistant managers they hire are from outside. As a result, a lot of their true talent ends up leaving or quitting. In most cases, they won't terminate you (though they do threaten you with it often) because they are too cheap to pay out unemployment. Cool thing about California Labor Laws, is they fail to realize that as long as you are on their active roster as a part-time employee (part-time being defined as working ZERO to 39 hours per week), you are still entitled to unemployment insurance, concurrent with your part time employment. Side note to other associates: Instead of jumping to the conclusion of quitting, stick around and just file that claim. If you must leave the job, do so once you have found employment, not before. You're otherwise better off getting laid-off, fired, or just sticking around (those three ways are the only ways you can receive Unemployment Insurance, you can't get it if you quit). They can't stop you from filing, it's your right. It's always important to know your rights as a part-time employee. Anyway, moving a long, there is also a lot of favoritism, and blatantly so. The discount (10%) is seriously a joke, their reasoning is that the clothing is already cheap. But there are other companies like H&M who offer clothes in the same price range, yet they offer you a much more generous discount at 20 or 25% (I forget now, it's been a while) so there really is no excuse except the CEO is cheap. Another con is they are willing to right you up for pretty much any and everything, but again, better to take that write-up than to quit. It's not like they can legally give you a bad reference upon seeking another job, it's illegal to do so. Management and some of the other associates can be very unnecessarily rude at times. They try to talk to you like you're a child. They will claim that they are going to help you with certain tasks, but don't actually help you. Then they come and yell at you at the end of the night asking why it's not handled already. I mean, having a ridiculously large amount of go-backs for a section you've never worked in before, are pretty sure that about 90% of the stuff on the rack doesn't even go in that section, and they will come and haggle you every 5 minutes causing you to stress over a job that really shouldn't even be stressful. You have to take a lot of verbal abuse from management. But, knowing that they aren't going to fire you, you can stand up to them. I know I have. No point hitting up district management, because they never reply anyway. I can't really be too mad at management though, word is they get treated crappy by their superiors as well. As a result, it's a cycle that never ends. I only recommend quitting if you have secured another job. Don't do so before hand.

You guys need to start answering peoples' concerns and questions, not just when a manager emails you, when your associates do too.. You need to start encouraging building talent from within, not hiring outside sources who know nothing of the way Forever 21 works, or even in some cases, know nothing about running a retail clothing store in general. Instead of being focused on how cute someone is dressed focus more on what they bring to the table. Learn to reward your associates and show them appreciation for their hard work. Quit having such unrealistic expectations of people with their schedules and priorities. Expecting a person to pretty much allow themselves to be potentially dropped from school because you couldn't remember that they have class on certain days and times is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21