There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Hard work but it pays off with the great opportunities offered

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you work hard and want to move up in positions, they allow you to

Cons

I feel like they should get new security snaps to put on clothes to prevent loss

Advice to Management

I feel like there needs to be more security to prevent shop lifting, new ink alarms and on busy days have management near the entrances and exits so if the alarm goes off they can stop the person and make sure they aren't getting away with something.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Employees, Terrible Management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people working there are all pretty great. Some of the managers are really nice.

Cons

You have to work all by yourself in a huge section of the store. Sometimes you have to cover two sections when someone calls in sick. When you're doing something wrong, they don't help you. In fact, you just become the black sheep who eventually gets let go because they aren't fast enough or efficient enough. I hated working there because of the terrible hours, the closing list, and the lack of help I had. And every time I got help, managers made sure to call them away so that I had to do it by myself. There would be 5 or 6 people working on the Clearance area and I would be the only person in my section picking up and rearranging piles of clothes.

Advice to Management

Actually help the employees that need help.

2. Terrible Place to Work Unless You Enjoy Overly Loud Music, Millions of Clothes Pieces and Bad Management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waterford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waterford, CT

I worked at Forever 21 part-time

Pros

You get a minimal discount on the clothing there. If you enjoy giving fashion advice to teens, it may be fun. Anyone can be a sales associate; it doesn't take any experience/prior knowledge.

Cons

The hours aren't consistent. Sometimes you'll be sent home early because too many sales associates were scheduled. Constantly cleaning the store up after careless customers is how most of your shift is spent. Shouting out to people (greeting them at the door) is obnoxious and uncomfortable. One time a girl peed in the fitting rooms and management forced a sales associate to clean it up. The music in the store is played extremely loud to the point where it is difficult to make conversation with customers and coworkers. It is encouraged that sales associates buy clothing from the store to wear to work, which becomes costly; some girls would spend their entire paychecks at Forever21.