Forever 21

www.forever21.com
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

I have a love/hate relationship with this company, but it has finally come to an end.

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser Assistant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Trendy, stylish apparel at very affordable prices (although it seems to be getting a bit expensive)
- Flexible hours, great work for a student
- Plenty of room for advancement, IF you're hard working AND determined
- Good experience relating to retail/fashion industry

Cons

- Hours fluctuate by season (a lot during the summer but very little after Christmas) unless you're full time
- Unprofessional environment: employees are young so, a lot of petty, high-school drama & some coworkers very gossipy
- Very LOW discount
- Short breaks
- HIGH turnover, employees never stay long, unless they have potential for manager or visual

- Give more POSITIVE feedback to your employees. Believe me, they appreciate it!
- Don't play favorites. Employees will definitely notice.

* My personal experience w/some managers was great. If you have an honest conversation with them, they'll listen. Just give them a good reason to feel that your opinion counts. Don't call off a lot, have GOOD time and attendance, and show that you're a team player. You'll get hours, then.

1607 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Not satisfied with this "job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- It's an okay job if you still live with your parents or go to school
    - Pays slightly higher than minimum wage
    - You don't have to worry about making commission, although they do push sales and they threaten to cut back everyone's hours if we haven't been meeting our daily sales goal

Cons

- Management treats you like a child, which is insulting and demeaning
    - You don't get recognized even when you work your butt off, it always goes unnoticed. No praise or encouragement whatsoever
    - If you make a mistake management will get mad, which creates a negative work environment and can be discouraging, especially when it was unintentional or an accident
    -They won't schedule you for two whole weeks, then call you THAT day and expect you to come in when they need you
    - They keep hiring more and more Sales Associates at minimum wage to bring the payroll down because the managers are overpaid
    - I would not have taken this job had I known I would get 0-4 hours a week. I use more gas to get there than I make in the 4 hours I'm there. My check once was $34 for two weeks. That is absolutely ridiculous and they should not do that to people. When someone gets a job, they're hoping for at least 12 hours, or at least enough money to eat. This money isn't even enough to fill my gas tank let alone eat. The company clearly does not care about its Sales Associates and the managers don't either.

Better communication with corporate, better communication with Sales Associates, more encouragement and positivity towards the Sales Associates, and stop hiring so many people and giving us 4 hours every 2 weeks. That is not how a good company operates.

FAST FOOD OF RETAIL

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time

Pros

Fast Paced - Always something to do.
    When hours are good - Theyre GOOD.
    People are going to call out, which allows you to pick up shifts.
    Meet people
    Looks good on your resume because everyone knows Forever

Cons

Some of the worst clientele because of the affordability of the brand and the mass quantity product
    Customers drop the clothes right on the floor when they dont like it and walk right on it.
    Opportunity is given to the biggest brown noser on staff. or the manager just likes them.
    if you want to move up! BE VERY VOCAL ABOUT IT. They wont notice your grind unless a customer walks up to the manager and tells them you were very helpful or you tell the manager yourself what a great job your doing.

Hours will go up and down anywhere from 12 hours - 30 hours a week. BUT THATS JUST RETAIL anywhere you work you will deal with that.

pay closer attention to your sales associates as they are the backbone of the stores. they need to advance!

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21