Forever 21

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Good Pay, Bad work ethics

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get payed $10/hr for a retail position

Cons

Management are vicious and don't care about you

Stop being dicks just to prove you're in charge

1531 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

What I expected.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

We are a department sized store and most of the time we're a very busy store, so working here does teach you how to provide good, if not great, customer service. A lot of hours, but that depends mostly on your performance and if the store is reaching its target sales goals. If the store doesn't make money, then that trickles down to us having less hours and less coverage. The second thing that I love about this store are my coworkers. You meet some of the greatest and friendliest people here. Majority of them are high school and college students with direction in their life.

Overall, I'm glad to have had the experience working in customer service. It builds your experience and skills in sales, and gives you a greater appreciation for that 18 year old struggling behind the counter at any service job. Before working here, I was never a rude, take-advantage-of-the-'customer-is-always-right'-motto, but having worked here, I can truly empathize with them.

Cons

With us being a busy store said, it is retail. Holidays are horrible, and it's surprising how some people can treat these clothes like trash, tossing them to the side, not picking up the clothes they drop. But again, it is retail and it is what I had expected.

And like any job, there is sometimes a little bit of favoritism, but from what I observe, I do believe management goes by performance rather than favoritism.

Knowing what time of day our rushes are, try to be quick to respond to cashier needs. Cashiers have almost absolutely no authorization for exchanges, store credit, gift cards, and employee purchases. They can only do so much while they and the frustrated customer and the frustrated line waits.

I understand there is a high turnover rate, but for the employees who do stay I think it would be in all our best interests that they are trained in keeping up with visual integrity. It helps them keep busy on slow days, helps the store look organized, and helps everyone to learn the room so that when we close we're finished with the go-backs quicker.

Forever

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The workers get along and have fun working together

Cons

it is hard to get promoted

compensate workers according to perfromance

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21