Forever 21

www.forever21.com
  www.forever21.com
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Fun job at times, but definitely not worth what you get paid.

Current Employee - Head Cashier
Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They're almost always hiring and getting the job is pretty easy.
Managers do what they can to give you the days off that you want.
The dress code is basically non-existent so you can wear whatever you want.
Hours vary, but if you ask for more you'll usually get more.
If you stay with the company, moving up is pretty easy.
Full time employees get benefits as well as bonuses which come every quarter.

Cons

For the amount of work you do, the pay is awful. The return policy makes customer service a nightmare and the store is almost always trashed. If you're a closer, you don't leave until the store is spotless, and during holiday that can take over three hours past mall close.
Turn-over is high for associates as well as management (store management and upper), so it sometimes feels like no one knows what they're talking about.
You're on your feet, running around the store, all day which really takes it's toll, especially when breaks are only 10 minutes (meal break is 30).
The employee discount is awful. You really feel under appreciated for the amount of work you do.

Train your DMs and store managers better! Get more input from your lower level employees - sales associates have a lot to say! Understand the grief cashiers get from such a horrible return policy and please PAY MORE! We are overworked and underpaid. And for the sake of all employees AND customers, stop forcing stores to have their music up so loud!

1516 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Amazing place to shop, terrible place to work

Former Employee - XXI Sales Associate in Aventura, FL
    Former Employee - XXI Sales Associate in Aventura, FL

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The discount is okay, the fact that they don't mind hairstyles and let you pretty much wear what you want within reason of course. Fast pace

Cons

As soon as I started there, employees were already telling me how much I wont enjoy it down the line and how management will basically do everything in their power to keep you working on a sick day. They messed up my schedule 2 weeks in a row and wouldn't let me leave on the day I wasn't even supposed to be working! I fell ill and managers basically gave me the run-around as far as who to talk to. They literally said " we have a line and cant deal with you right now". I went to the back room to go "sit and try and feel better" as they suggested, a manager walked in and said " are you ok?" I replied, " no i dont feel too well" and he only replied " oh.. oh well then." Just because jobs are scarce does NOT give them the right to treat workers like crapola. Needless to say, I quit the next day.

be more considerate when speaking to employees, get organized

Meh

I worked at Forever 21 full-time

Pros

Working retail is not fun

Cons

Situation really depends on DM

DM listen to management