FormFactor

www.formfactor.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for FormFactor

So So

I have been working at FormFactor

Pros

Excellent technical staff, interesting technology

Cons

unrealistic top down schedules from management, top heavy organization

Focus

38 Other Employee Reviews for FormFactor (View Most Recent)

Good working environment, co-workers are very friendly, and everybody worked very hard for the project

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Livermore, CA

I worked at FormFactor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

a very good work-life balance, however, when the perks comes, I worked till 11pm in order to catch the deadline. Overall good working environment. Good leadership from the above.

Cons

benefits are kinda average. office culture is ok, from my experience, no much office politics, and everyone just trying to make the project work and make profit.

More attention in details

Great environment for an entry level mechanical engineer. Need management shake-up or tear-down.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at FormFactor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great environment for an entry level mechanical engineer or ME with 3-5 years of experience in the electronics industry. Mechanical designs are done in-house and production is on site. It's great to see one of my designs go from CAD drawings and solid models to finished products within a few days to weeks. The complexity of the probe card industry has increased over the last ten years that I worked at FF. This bodes well since FF is at the leading edge of the probe card technology.

Cons

The pay is below average for the probe card manufacturer even though the company is within the top ten in the industry. Management ranges from "great-to-work-with" to "stay-the-heck-away-from" to "can't-do-my-job-unless-I-play-by-their-rules." Vacation and sick is satisfactory ever since paid-time-off became the norm. The recent merger with MicroProbe (in Carlsbad) introduced longer working hours (which is bad for those who are salaried). Bonus pay has been lousy for the lower level employees, but great for managers and higher-ups (which has caused much consternation among the proles). Not much room to move up (promotions are nearly non-existent). Pay raises are low.

Some managers need serious training on how to deal with their subordinate employees in a respectful and diplomatic manner.

There are newer employer reviews for FormFactor