My Last Job - A Lifestyle Choice

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, mostly happy customers, interesting work, great culture, family friendly

Cons

Overly complicated compensation plan, total compensation towards low end of industry

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Senior Mgt needs focus, commitment

Former Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at Forrester Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great small company with great benefits. Few products to sell, Marketing and Strategy division has little competition in the market.

Cons

Account list constantly changing. Bigger, better competition in the IT space. Quotas way off base with very small bonus amount per quarter, and it's part of your OTE. Just a bit of an immature company, but great analysts and fun environment.

Advice to Management

Too much change in Q1 - i left then as did many others. Double the products to learn, new team,new boss, new accounts, new web site / experience AND we make nothing till we are over plan for the quarter? yikes. I even sold all my stock. What are you doing?

This company is going down hill

Current Employee - Account Director in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Account Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. The hours aren't long and there is flexibility with the job and fun perks and activities for employees like beers every quarter to celebrate new hires, company and team outtings. The people are also great - smart, fun and cool.

Cons

The morale is at an all time low right now for sales and the research community. THis company likes to constantly change and creates major issues. The analysts are over worked, the sales department has a unachieveable sales goals and a horrible new comp plan that is paying less than half it did the year before. The attrition is at an all time high.

Advice to Management

Attrition will continue unless you fix the sales plan and comp plan. Management gets paid more if the cost of sales is lower but guess what when you lower salaries and bonuses - sales people leave and the new ones you hirer are of lesser caliber. You can get the company to grow by investing in your products not by tweaking the sales comp plan so it's impossible to make money.