Big Things in Small Packages

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Fors Marsh Group full-time

Pros

Good Work Life Balance. Great Benefits. Open Door Policy

Cons

A growing company is in a continous state of transition. The jobs are stable, but the operational processes continue to develop and evolve as the company grows.

Advice to Management

Maintain an environment open to feedback from the employees and never lose the human aspect of the business. All decisions should temper the operational and strategic goals of the business with the impact they will have on the employees. Keep employees involved in decisions. If employees feel invested they will continue to invest themselves.

reviews filtered by

Great research in a collegial environment

I have been working at Fors Marsh Group

Pros

This company has a commitment to rigorous research and interdisciplinary work, and working here is pretty intellectually stimulating on a regular basis. They also have really employee-friendly policies, and for the most part the managers are all about facilitating good work in whatever way that works for each employee. People here are very smart, capable, and accomplished but don't act like jerks, which is a surprisingly rare combo.

Cons

The compensation is slightly lower than I think it would be elsewhere, but the good work environment more than makes up for it.

I would not recommend this company and I'm fairly certain the other reviews on Glassdoor were written by FMG management.

I worked at Fors Marsh Group full-time

Pros

Some options for teleworking. Salary is competitive for junior- to mid-level associates. Strong commitment to thoroughly QC'd results.

Cons

Absolutely terrible work life balance. Nepotism is not illegal in the state of Virginia. It is, however, prohibited in other states and can certainly cultivate a less than ideal work environment. In this case management continues to retain a manager that has been the subject of many complaints for unprofessional behavior and harassment.

Advice to Management

However common practice, it should not be typical for employees to be told, "We understand that you are already performing at the level of [X], but we are not ready to promote you."