There are newer employer reviews for Fort Worth Zoo

Don't expect much career advancement or pay increases—merely a stepping stone for some.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth Zoo

Pros

My particular position was in the main office, however, my job duties often included helping with outdoor events. Many of my co-workers were nice as well.

Cons

Being a non-profit company, there weren't many (if any) pay increases. The work load was fairly heavy at times, without much positive feedback for a job well done. I felt more like a drone, so I bided my time until I found a new job. Expect to work on weekends here and there for events.

Appreciate your employees more instead of just expecting them to crank out the work. Perks, even small ones, will go a long way for morale. Too many meetings!

7 Other Employee Reviews for Fort Worth Zoo (View Most Recent)

The Fort Worth Zoo is a great place for a starter job before moving elsewhere.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth Zoo

Pros

Being able to walk around the park on stressful days is a great way to alleviate stress! As a first job out of college, it was a great place to learn information technology and get my hands dirty. I was able to implement many ideas simply because the systems administration done prior was not standardized and was lacking. Also, the majority of the staff at the park was great to work with.

Cons

Since the Zoo is a non-profit, salaries are entry level. Also, there isn't any career development in place. Being forced to "volunteer" at certain annual events (Zoo Run, Boo at the Zoo) was a drag.

Give the Human Resources staff pay raises- they are great to work with!

Good place for internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth Zoo

Pros

The staff was very helpful - a lot of young professionals. Great with working around your schedule. Good inside look at how the Zoo's admin/business side is run.

Cons

Internship pay was not competitive with other internships in the area - but that is to be expected of a non-profit.

The management was helpful while I was there. Always had an "open-door" policy. Worked well with the interns - made time for us.

There are newer employer reviews for Fort Worth Zoo

Worked for Fort Worth Zoo? Contribute to the Community!