Fort Worth Zoo

fortworthzoo.org

Don't expect much career advancement or pay increases—merely a stepping stone for some.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsMy particular position was in the main office, however, my job duties often included helping with outdoor events. Many of my co-workers were nice as well.

ConsBeing a non-profit company, there weren't many (if any) pay increases. The work load was fairly heavy at times, without much positive feedback for a job well done. I felt more like a drone, so I bided my time until I found a new job. Expect to work on weekends here and there for events.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more instead of just expecting them to crank out the work. Perks, even small ones, will go a long way for morale. Too many meetings!

The Fort Worth Zoo is a great place for a starter job before moving elsewhere.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth Zoo

Pros: Being able to walk around the park on stressful days is a great way to alleviate stress! As a first job out of college,… Cons: Since the Zoo is a non-profit, salaries are entry level. Also, there isn't any career development in… Advice to Senior Management: Give the Human Resources staff pay raises- they are great… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place for internship

Intern (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth Zoo

Pros: The staff was very helpful - a lot of young professionals. Great with working… Cons: Internship pay was not competitive with other internships in the… Advice to Senior Management: The management was helpful while I was there. Always had an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fort Worth Zoo.

Worked for Fort Worth Zoo? Contribute to the Community!