There are newer employer reviews for Fortinet

Words only go so far

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Fortinet

Pros

Doing my job was up to me and I pretty much did my own thing. I had 3 managers in the year and half I was there.

Cons

Promises of great wealth with IPO soon to happen, that was in 2005, and just now in 2009 they filed for IPO. They tried and take anything they have to pay for and reverse engineer it and build it themselves. No understanding of how to the day to day operations are to run at a company. When asked Ken one time about a calendaring system he said an employee could walk over to his cube and look on his white board, and others should do the same. yeah that works well.

Focus on your product and stop utilizing engineers time to reverse engineer other systems. Better use of company time resources.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Fortinet (View Most Recent)

The good and the bad. No uglies.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fortinet

Pros

Cutting edge technology. Lot of progress seen in teams, so a sense of optimism exists.

Cons

Very bureaucratic. Hard to get resources. Lower management style is stifling.

This is for managers and not necessarily senior management.
    It is better to see the performance of an employee rather than see if he/she reads a newspaper or works from home sometimes. Sick days should be included so people dont come to work with illnesses making the rest of the team sick.

A family company

Former Employee - Vice President of Product Management in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Product Management in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fortinet

Pros

Fortinet catches a good timing in introducing gateway based antivirus solution and introducing unified threat management system. It is good to work for Xie's brothers for one year and then you should consider to leave.

Cons

The management, especially, Ken Xie and Michael Xie would promise you lots of things when you are just hired, but finally nothing can be realized. This is a family company and lots of friends and family members of the Ken Xie, Michael Xie and Chairman David Tsang are key employees of this company.

Fire Ken and hire a new CEO just like Netscreen did, then this company will be successful.

There are newer employer reviews for Fortinet