Fortinet
www.fortinet.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A family company

Vice President of Product Management (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsFortinet catches a good timing in introducing gateway based antivirus solution and introducing unified threat management system. It is good to work for Xie's brothers for one year and then you should consider to leave.

ConsThe management, especially, Ken Xie and Michael Xie would promise you lots of things when you are just hired, but finally nothing can be realized. This is a family company and lots of friends and family members of the Ken Xie, Michael Xie and Chairman David Tsang are key employees of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Ken and hire a new CEO just like Netscreen did, then this company will be successful.

Chinese-based management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fortinet

Pros: Fortinet can introduce to market many new technologies and products… Cons: -Change policies quickly -Product has too much security features but not… Advice to Senior Management: Try to commit long-term policies and good-quality product. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Developer

Software Developer I (Current Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Fortinet full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Fortigate has full series production in lot of area Cons: management has some problem but improving Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fortinet.

Worked for Fortinet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fortinet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fortinet CEO Ken Xie. All reviews posted anonymously by Fortinet employees.