Fortinet

www.fortinet.com

Good if you have a decent manager and colleagues.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsHigher than average base salary. Decent extended health, some dental and vision coverage. Depending on the team, as a developer, you can go in and focus on one single project at a time -- low stress, unless a customer has a critical issue.

ConsSick days and vacation days are bundled as "paid time off", encouraging employees to come in when they're sick so they don't use up their vacation time. Not permitted to take partial days off for things like doctor or dentist appointments. (All or nothing. At least if you have a good manager you can arrange to make up a partial day off.)

Ok extended health benefits -- dental & vision are at least better than nothing. No bonus structure. No pension plan or matching of retirement savings.

CEO & CFO have obviously zero concern for employees and seem to not realize it is something that matters. The attitude seems to be "Why would I do anything to build employee morale? That's pointless and costs money."

Advice to Senior ManagementSince our salaries (those that I know of) are higher than most other places, why not let them drift a little back towards just being in the high end and use the extra room to add in some benefits like matching retirement savings or (in Canada) covering employees' provincial health plan fees?

Even though employees aren't valued, do things that a company that values employees would do.

Also, spend a little more money to gain higher returns on productivity. Buy good tools that increase productivity. Hire people to handle miscellaneous admin tasks. Why are highly paid software developers spending time fighting incomprehensible forms to order equipment? Why are they troubleshooting and repairing their own workstation hardware issues instead of having some tech do the repairs?

A simple review.

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Fortinet

Pros: 1, Salary is not bad. 2, It is a growing company,… Cons: 1, The benefit package is not good. 2, No team build,… Advice to Senior Management: We need team build and training every year. A much better… More

nice company,

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Fortinet

Pros: salary is ok, time is flexible, many chinese guys, easy for… Cons: no rewards, no bonus , even you work harder. administration support is not good… Advice to Senior Management: it's better if company can offer free parking, people have to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fortinet.

Worked for Fortinet? Contribute to the Community!