There are newer employer reviews for FortisBC

Good secure company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Surrey, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Surrey, BC (Canada)

I worked at FortisBC

Pros

Large opportunities for advancement or transfers to positions around the company. Open and well-lit work environment. Good career/social life balance with a lot of options regarding maternity leave, vacations and employee-made events. Very secure job, typically business doesn't fluctuate too heavily. The CEO Randy Jespersen is an incredible guy. When I started I wanted to meet with him and irregardless of my lowly position, we had lunch and he shared some insightful knowledge with me.

Cons

A lot of people tend to work there to receive their retirement package, not a lot of motivation around you to push to the next level. Management gives you performance reviews and opportunities to advance but most people ignore it. Information can tend to get stuck in departments and not readily shared unless you know the right people in other departments. Can be too bureaucratic at times when trying to implement a creative solution to a problem.

Change the workforce dynamics, and allow for more creative input from employees. Get them more involved in the financial health of the company and improve the information flow.

19 Other Employee Reviews for FortisBC (View Most Recent)

Malcontented

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at FortisBC

Pros

It pays a wage and puts food on the table

Cons

They pick favourites and use the good ol boys

Increase wages/Better retirement benefits/More employee recognition/Think about employees not just the stock price

I have had a great time at FortisBC as a co-op student.

I worked at FortisBC

Pros

-Small-sized teams promotes more interactions within a team
    -Good pay
    -Good learning experience

Cons

-Can't think of any from my experience

There are newer employer reviews for FortisBC

Worked for FortisBC? Contribute to the Community!