There are newer employer reviews for Fortune Brands Home & Security

Lack of professional growth, but an ok place to work if your aspirations are the status quo.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortune Brands Home & Security

Pros

The company allows autonomy within the details of ones own position. Micromanaging only occurs if senior management does no have confidence in your work. Senior management has an open door policy. Work schedule is flexible and personnel is friendly.

Cons

The atmosphere is like a silo. Communication and withholding information from coworkers is prominent. Lack of professional growth is prominent and stifling.

Keep the open door policy in place. Engaging your people with the business units would be beneficial in understanding how operations work and can only enhance things.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Fortune Brands Home & Security (View Most Recent)

No career growth

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Fortune Brands Home & Security

Pros

Offers good benefits,flex time, and paid time off.

Cons

Politics, lack of career development and promotions

Fortune Brands, Inc.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Fortune Brands Home & Security

Pros

There is always a chance for an employee to take on a project for professional growth or career advancement. Management is very open to allowing their folks to grow in different areas. We are relatively flat as an organization which allows all levels access to senior management. We are a lean company which allows for some to wear different hats. Also, work/life balance is great here. People are held accountable and treated like adults.

Cons

For some, location might be a detractor being in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Manager-Director level employees sit in cubes.

I think that the leadership of Fortune Brands is doing a good job, especially in this economy. We are doing better than are competitors and that speaks for itself.

There are newer employer reviews for Fortune Brands Home & Security