Fortune Brands
www.beamglobal.com Deerfield, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fortune Brands, Inc.

Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Fortune Brands

ProsThere is always a chance for an employee to take on a project for professional growth or career advancement. Management is very open to allowing their folks to grow in different areas. We are relatively flat as an organization which allows all levels access to senior management. We are a lean company which allows for some to wear different hats. Also, work/life balance is great here. People are held accountable and treated like adults.

ConsFor some, location might be a detractor being in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Manager-Director level employees sit in cubes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that the leadership of Fortune Brands is doing a good job, especially in this economy. We are doing better than are competitors and that speaks for itself.

Lack of professional growth, but an ok place to work if your aspirations are the status quo.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortune Brands

Pros: The company allows autonomy within the details of ones own position. Micromanaging only occurs if senior management does no have… Cons: The atmosphere is like a silo. Communication and withholding information from… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the open door policy in place. Engaging your people with the business… More

No career growth

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fortune Brands

Pros: Offers good benefits,flex time, and paid time off. Cons: Politics, lack of career development and promotions More

There are newer reviews on Fortune Brands.

Worked for Fortune Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fortune Brands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fortune Brands CEO Bruce A. Carbonari. All reviews posted anonymously by Fortune Brands employees.