There are newer employer reviews for Forward Air

Morally bankrupt

Former Employee - OpsMgr in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - OpsMgr in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Forward Air full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really, the only aspect I liked at FAS was the handful of decent employees. But, that was the 5%. Definitely not enough to keep me.

Cons

OMG...too many to list. Employee to employee violence. Unsafe conditions. I reported into an employer who does not empower the Management team. I was constantly undermined and never awarded the authority/autonomy to make this a great place to work. We never gave any employees a raise. We dangled FT employment as a carrot to get "more" out of employees but rarely rewarded. Top performers were given more hours, but still at a low pay rate. The supervisory staff were assigned based on "best available option" rather than actually seeking out the most qualified employees. I have never been associated with a Company so morally deplorable. I truly wish I had NEVER accepted this position.

Really, I could give tons of advice. But, FAS is very clear that they are not interested.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Forward Air (View Most Recent)

Its a perfect balance between life and work

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Forward Air full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible, Understanding, Less work load, Good managers, bonuses

Cons

Small teams, Less growth, Less challenging work

Depends on the day

Former Employee - Dockworker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Dockworker in Houston, TX

I worked at Forward Air full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some nice people work there who are willing to help. Really cool workers.

Cons

No one from the office seems to actually be out on the dock and see what actually happens. Most people place more freight on the contractor drivers and offer no help to them at all, only a select few people know where the freight is located at, if you need to go to the restroom you need to get a card key to be let out. Everything is scattered throughout the warehouse making it almost impossible to get to sometimes, no palletjacks and only 2 forklifts available to be able to get the drivers freight ready. Barely any room to build pallets. Almost like a maze to get a forklift through all the freight, and waste of time to be on the forklift trying to maneuver through a bunch of obstacles getting to a drivers truck when they have to be out at a certain point and time.

for marketing for limited why not get some kind of basket with wheels on it to put all the big posters and marketing for a specific route in so it's not a mess and everyone knows where the marketing is. Also before you go about getting more companies, make sure you have enough room in the warehouse before you sign the contract.

There are newer employer reviews for Forward Air