There are newer employer reviews for Fossil

Fossil is a close knit family of bright, ambitious, creative minds.

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fossil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual, innovative, creative, benefits and perks (like a generous discount and bonus structure).

Cons

Low end of pay scale for industry, lack of effective communication to stores, too many "managers/bosses" giving conflicting directions

Other Employee Reviews for Fossil

Strong Company, Poor Opportunities

Former Employee - Stores Group in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Stores Group in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fossil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong company, Great retail products, Good Employee Benefits, Casual Fun Environment

Cons

Poor management direction, poor top-down communication, unqualified middle management, little to no opportunities for advancement, Intense workload for little pay, high turnover

Advice to Management

Don't just make appearances, but rather get to know your employees. Stop making inside jokes with just a handful of your choice employees. Recognize the need for middle management leadership training. Hire leaders into management roles, rather than good performers. Pay your employees their worth.

2. Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Hurst, TX
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Hurst, TX

I worked at Fossil part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team management. Great company ethics. Quality clothes. Invested managers. 5 hour shifts (typically). Great discount. Pretty good pay. Fun competitions to win different merchandise/prizes. This is a great place to work for high school and college students. The pay is pretty good and it isn't commission based, which I liked. I worked seasonally at Fossil 4 times through college and they kept hiring me back because I had proven to be a hard worker and good at sales.

Cons

Managers are the only ones with full time hours. It is very hard to move up in this company, especially from stores to corporate.

Advice to Management

Have a longer training period. I found a lot of inconsistencies within the store since some people weren't trained well enough and did things differently.