Fossil

www.fossil.com
  www.fossil.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fossil

Too much work, but fun environment

Current Employee - IT Manager in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - IT Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fossil full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good job security. Can be a very fun place to work. Fossil upper management seems to care about their employees. Casual dress. Decent discount on Fossil product. Some travel to other countries.

Cons

Speaking for the IT department, work is not assigned and prioritized properly and roughly 200% of what one person can do is constantly on everyone's plate to work on. Benefits are not the best: no adoption assistance, insurance is very much sub par compared to my previous companies, vacation time and sick time is combined into a PTO bucket. PTO maxed out at 4 weeks at 5 years of employment which means if you are sick for a few days, then you really only get 3 weeks vacation even for employees who have been here for 10, 15, 20 years and longer.

Streamline work better. Hire the appropriate amount of people to meet the demand or slim down the work to match the potential output of the current employees. Look to improve benefits.

294 Other Employee Reviews for Fossil (View Most Recent)

Proud Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Fossil full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. The company truly cares about you
    2. The environment is clean, respectful and with clear expectations
    3. Great asset to your resume

Cons

hard to move up from asm to store manager... lots of internal and external competition.

Like working for children in high school

I have been working at Fossil part-time

Pros

When I began working for Fossil I believed it was a great experience, they got me through the interview process quickly and I was hired within two weeks.

Cons

Working for this company is terrible. District managers have "favorites" and you are expected to suck up to everyone to also be at this level. Managers are young and feel entitled to everything while they are literally pushing people around and bullying employees. Corporate does not pay attention to retail stores and when they do make their way around they thrive on the fact that they are intimidating.

There are newer employer reviews for Fossil