Fossil

There are newer employer reviews for Fossil

great experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Fossil part-time (less than an year)

Pros

great discount 50% and a great environment to work in.

Cons

NO Commission, you make so much money for the company but you never see that in your check

management was the best

294 Other Employee Reviews for Fossil (View Most Recent)

Great team, great side job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Fossil part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You really develop genuine sales techniques that are helpful in gaining experience. The management is always doing contests, different focuses, and challenging you. The employees and management truly care about the well-being of the guests; this makes it great if you are passionate about good customer service. Employees are not paid on commission, which some may see as a bad thing, however I find it great because I'm not penalized financially for not meeting goals and I've learned how to sell without being greedy. You're motivated to accomplish goals because of prizes and better hours and therefore you care about your numbers, yet at the same time you aren't forcing a guest to buy your product. I love that my job is very relaxed and friendly with the guests and I get to build connections. The environment is not hectic unless holiday and the guests are usually fairly easy going. The training teaches you everything you need to know about the product so you're prepared to help guests to the best of your ability. I am more than thrilled with the fact that I've learned so many awesome sales techniques here because now as I am applying at Nordstrom, I feel very relaxed about going into a commissioned sales environment and as though my skills are sharp enough to compete with those people as I've been doing what they have without even trying.

The funnest thing is we always have parties and food and the team is really like a family. Sometimes we dress to a theme and bring in treats.

The discount is stellar: 50% on all merchandise and this applies to outlets and "watch station" as well

Cons

It can be frustrating when it comes to hours because they go based on top performers. So if you don't want a commission job because you aren't good at sales, don't apply here. You still need to perform well to keep your hours at what you want them to be. This sucks because in applying for the job they literally have no clue whether you will be working 5 hours a week or 35, its up to you. Moving up is possible; however, to do so they send you to a lower performing store if yours does well and bring you back when you're fully developed in the promotion. The job also is unfortunate because unless you are in a management position, you can't work full time. A lot of people have other jobs because Fossil gives so few hours.

Fix the hours so people can be guaranteed something and cut back on managers. A small store with 10 employees doesn't need 4 managers.

Great entry level job

I have been working at Fossil

Pros

Work/life balance, management open to opinions

Cons

career advancement only if you move to Dallas.

There are newer employer reviews for Fossil