There are newer employer reviews for Foster Farms

would be ok for a short term job but for the long term one would get discuraged.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, CA

I worked at Foster Farms

Pros

They have an ok benifits package but ask employes to contribute to much to keep benifits up. They would be ok to work for in a short term one or two years/

Cons

It takes several months to get full benifits package. They have an extream lack of respect for there workforce and show very little trust in there employes.

Advice to Management

learn how to comunacate better with all those who work for the company and get in touch with those employes who make the company what it is and let all of the employes know that they are appericated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Comparable place to work

Current Employee - Plant Supervisor in Livingston, CA
    Current Employee - Plant Supervisor in Livingston, CA

I have been working at Foster Farms

Pros

Family owned company. Small company feel. Management is easily accessible. A lot of chance for advancement if you have a degree.

Cons

Company is in the middle of no where. Which can be a drag if you are coming out of college.

Advice to Management

There are not many training modules at all for the company. All job training throughout the company is on the job training.

2. Foster farms is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Tuekey Live Haul Manager in Turlock, CA
    Current Employee - Tuekey Live Haul Manager in Turlock, CA

I have been working at Foster Farms

Pros

It is a family owned company. It is a company with very high standards of it self and of employees. The employee benifits are very good. Nine holidays, six sick days, health care and vision care with options to fit different people (PPO, Health screening). Job security is very good.Company has picnics and every other year the company will put on a night out with dinner and bring in entertainment (Beach Boys, Huey Lewis)for management and surpport.The pay is very good in smoe areas but needs some help in other areas.

Cons

Some jobs are dead end jobs in management. We are loosing our small company atmosphere and becoming numbers instead of named employees.Not enough consideration given to the production people. HR and purchasing make decissions with out talking to or asking for input from the operationg department managers. The company needs to under stand the we are one of the largest truck fleets on the West coast.

Advice to Management

Before purchasing makes a decission that effects the operating departments get some feed back as to what it means for the operating departments.Over the last couple of years more people are being hired for surport jobs then for production jobs.We contuine to do more with less people and equipment release the grip and allow us to up staff.