Foster Wheeler

www.fwc.com
  www.fwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Foster Wheeler

Tired operational staff that became lazy because of poor and constantly revolving management.

Current Employee - Prefer Not to State in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Prefer Not to State in Houston, TX

I have been working at Foster Wheeler full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary is decently competitive and their 401k matching is comparable to a state worker's TRS.
9/hour workdays with every other Friday off

Cons

To really know FW requires knowing the history from various other workers. Many workers are fairly new due to turnover and the boom and bust of unstable business due to projects. Management seems to care most about upstream divisions, but has poor attention and does not assist in departments outside of engineering. The guidance from the corporate HQ office is poor and there is a severe lack of operational maturity. FW loses business to competition due to poor planning and effective monitoring of operations. Various departments outside of engineering have many high-level managers and directors with poor and lazy attitudes. Many of them are just not used to having to be competent at their professions like FW's competition. Had I known the entire history and been able to interview with others outside the department hiring manager; I would've never come here.

Implement TCO mentality from top down and provide global guidance to offices in a singular effort. What good is upstream without staff to properly support them?

84 Other Employee Reviews for Foster Wheeler (View Most Recent)

Didn't enjoy my time there

Former Employee - Accountant in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - Accountant in Livingston, NJ

I worked at Foster Wheeler full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

A company that works in low margin industries can't be generous to their employees. Terrible raises, delayed raises, 4 in 5 years, etc. Suggest working for a company that makes a lot of money. They can treat their employees better. This is a while back, put I doubt much has changed.

None

A Good Place To Work

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Foster Wheeler full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great to place to learn and develop.

Cons

My ability to learn and grow was limited because the company is not diversified.

Expand the types of jobs to included chemical and other refining processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Foster Wheeler