Foster Wheeler
www.fwc.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Tired operational staff that became lazy because of poor and constantly revolving management.

Prefer Not to State (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsSalary is decently competitive and their 401k matching is comparable to a state worker's TRS.
9/hour workdays with every other Friday off

ConsTo really know FW requires knowing the history from various other workers. Many workers are fairly new due to turnover and the boom and bust of unstable business due to projects. Management seems to care most about upstream divisions, but has poor attention and does not assist in departments outside of engineering. The guidance from the corporate HQ office is poor and there is a severe lack of operational maturity. FW loses business to competition due to poor planning and effective monitoring of operations. Various departments outside of engineering have many high-level managers and directors with poor and lazy attitudes. Many of them are just not used to having to be competent at their professions like FW's competition. Had I known the entire history and been able to interview with others outside the department hiring manager; I would've never come here.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement TCO mentality from top down and provide global guidance to offices in a singular effort. What good is upstream without staff to properly support them?

Didn't enjoy my time there

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Livingston, NJ

I worked at Foster Wheeler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: None that I can think of. Cons: A company that works in low margin industries can't be generous to their employees. Terrible raises, delayed raises, 4 in 5 years, etc. … Advice to Senior Management: None No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Good Place To Work

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Foster Wheeler full-time for more than a year

Pros: A great to place to learn and develop. Cons: My ability to learn and grow was limited because the… Advice to Senior Management: Expand the types of jobs to included chemical and other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Foster Wheeler.

Worked for Foster Wheeler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Foster Wheeler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Foster Wheeler CEO J. Kent Masters. All reviews posted anonymously by Foster Wheeler employees.