Foster Wheeler
www.fwc.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Houston Office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Foster Wheeler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros9/80 work schedule allowed for a good amount of time off. 3 weeks PTO for new hires. Good 401K and medical insurance programs. The building and furniture are above average.

ConsUpper management likes to micro-manage and monitor its employees. They ask for opinions from their employees, but they don't seem to want to implement any change related to employee satisfaction. When the previous CEO left for another office, bonuses and incentives diminished or disappeared. It's pretty difficult to get recognized for your achievements or hard work at this company. It's also hard to advance in the company unless you are buddy-buddy with someone with power and influence in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, and try to trust them to be honest on their own.

Tired operational staff that became lazy because of poor and constantly revolving management.

Prefer Not to State (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Foster Wheeler full-time for less than a year

Pros: Salary is decently competitive and their 401k matching is comparable… Cons: To really know FW requires knowing the history from various other workers. Many workers are fairly new due to turnover and the boom and bust… Advice to Senior Management: Implement TCO mentality from top down and provide global guidance to offices in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Didn't enjoy my time there

Accountant (Former Employee)
Livingston, NJ

I worked at Foster Wheeler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: None that I can think of. Cons: A company that works in low margin industries can't be generous to their employees. Terrible raises, delayed raises, 4 in 5 years, etc. … Advice to Senior Management: None No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Foster Wheeler.

Worked for Foster Wheeler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Foster Wheeler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Foster Wheeler CEO J. Kent Masters. All reviews posted anonymously by Foster Wheeler employees.