Foster Wheeler

www.fwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Foster Wheeler

Superbe expérience ! Great experience!

Former Employee - Ingénieur contrôles de projet in Paris (France)
Former Employee - Ingénieur contrôles de projet in Paris (France)

I worked at Foster Wheeler as an intern (less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Projets intéressants - Donne des responsabilités et de la confiance aux jeunes professionnels - possibilités d'évolution rapide

Interesting projects - give responsibilities and trust young professionals - possibility to evolve quickly

Cons

La culture était un peu vieille.

culture was a bit old.

Ajouter un peu de dynamique.

Put a bit more dynamic

87 Other Employee Reviews for Foster Wheeler (View Most Recent)

IT Network Support

Former Employee - IT Support in Whiting, IN
    Former Employee - IT Support in Whiting, IN

I worked at Foster Wheeler as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Support Foster Wheeler Field Office Worker’s, Supervisors and Engineers at the BP Refinery Modernization Construction Site in Whiting, Indiana, the largest on-going construction project in North America in a dual role, were I monitored and maintained company’s computer network resources and Avaya and Shortel phone systems on the client side, connecting to their Corporate Headquarters in Houston as a Network Systems Integrator and Desktop Analyst resolving end-user hardware, software, network and communication problems. I provided end-user training where required. I also perform Instrumentation support of Project Manager for the I&E group, . Provide Cabling, to IT Closets, set up racks, routers; switches patch cables, fiber and power. Work with I&E Group configuring and testing Vicon CCTV, PTZ and Infrared cameras that will be installed, also Installed and configured EATON control cards using proprietary interface software CH-Studio to connect to SCADA for MCC units and buckets, Used Rotork IQ-INSIGHT to gather initial settings of MOV’s (motor operated valves) via infrared dongle data collection to re-calibrate to desired specs..It was a very educating experience,working with the leaders in today engineering technologies. I have grown immensely from this opportunity.

Cons

Some of the projects require a total commitment of time as construction phases carry on in 12 hour shifts 6 days a week , as an IT person you are required to be on board with keeping all data and voice networks up and running for the viewing and corrections of all engineering design work. hourly wage starts out low at 50k depending on what position you are hired for. What your hired for does not mean there won't be additional work load brought upon you to meet job completion.."all hands on deck is there motto"...a truly team effort.

You management practice have paid off well, for me at least, I suggest you keep on your format of letting your subordinates no what a good job you feel they have accomplished and the awards you pass out is a stellar idea as well.

Review- former employee

I worked at Foster Wheeler

Pros

Good talent based corporate knowledge of Project Engineering requirements (SHARP Engineers and Designers), Challenging Engineering assignments ! Abundant cross-discipline reliance on talents to accomplish goals.

Cons

Recent purchase by AMEC may create some new in-house cultural dynamics that may take a bit to settle down. This is normal after a new buy-out, though, and should result in a healthy multi-disciplined culture going forward.

Listen well to your line-staff. Often they are aware of in-process design issues that need attention, that may not be making it to planning or review meetings. Engineers: listen to your Designers' input, as often they bring a broad industry familiarity to your design task, and can often suggest approaches that will ease the Engineering load, or may even help clarify a path forward when developing a solution to an Engineering problem that may in reality be a Design issue, instead.

There are newer employer reviews for Foster Wheeler