There are newer employer reviews for Foundation Center

Great organization, provides complicated but valuable service to nonprofit sector

Current Employee - Editorial Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Editorial Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Foundation Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are excellent (currently they contribute 12% non-matched to your retirement after 2 years). Coworkers are generally very intelligent and easy to get along with (there are exceptions to that though). The organization's business model will be transitioning greatly within the next 5-10 years because of the open data phenomenon, but senior management knows this and is very forward thinking. The organization provides valuable services to the sector and is dedicated to openness and transparency.

Cons

Not much room for advancement in the current structure. The work in data (which I currently do) can be mind-numbingly boring and not challenging at all. In other departments though, the work can be varied and interesting.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Foundation Center (View Most Recent)

Not a very creative place to work

Former Employee - Editorial Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Editorial Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Foundation Center part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They were flexible with my schedule and I could work whatever hours I really wanted to. I only needed a part time job at that time and so it was easy to work around my other commitments.

Cons

The work is boring and my position was data entry and filing. It wasn't very challenging work. Most of the time I spent researching in their library and combing through piles and piles of streams of paper and cards. They had little organization and their computer technology was so outdated. I didn't feel like I learned very much about their work because it was mostly a data entry position.

More creativity should be offered to projects for employees and their assistants.

There are newer employer reviews for Foundation Center