There are newer employer reviews for Fountain Tire

Mismanaged communications, high expectations and lack of crucial training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

1. Not too much overtime expected 2. Product discounts for employees

Cons

1. Lack of training makes it very difficult to do your job well 2. Extremely high expectations and workload despite little support from busy middle managers 3. Unclear communication from management; lack of feedback in between annual reviews 4. Stagnant pay/compensation structure if you 5. Little opportunity to have a voice in your career 6. Performance not well tied to pay

Advice to Management

Feedback that ties to performances should be given in between annual years; corporate handbook says this should happen, but it does not. A major training program needs to be implemented. Demands are constantly changing giving employees no time to react and managers no time to train. Review the pay structure - if someone is at "market pay" yet has done really well all year, their pay should not be the same as the year before. Communication needs to be vastly improved as project goals and manager's expectations are not clear.

Other Employee Reviews for Fountain Tire

1. HR Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Fountain Tire full-time

Pros

Get great experience- really varied generalist work including compensation, employee relations, recruitment and performance management. Great advancement opportunities- the company is growing and there are new roles available. I love my ability to determine my bonus projects!

Cons

With a "sell, don't tell" mentality, you have to work harder to demonstrate the value of HR practices. "Because it's good practice" really doesn't fly.

Advice to Management

Keep providing new opportunities; it's what we love!

2. Automotive Service Advisor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Fountain Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting new customers, keeping current customer base active, working with excellent technicians.I enjoyed the daily challenges and working with my fellow service adviser. the employees medical package is outstanding. the head office personal are very accommodating and helpful when needed

Cons

possibility of advancement is limited. the opportunity to advance takes many years before you are even taken into consideration for a managers / owners position even though i have been in the industry my whole life.

Advice to Management

I think they need to restructure their employee salaries, in order to bring in qualified and proven employees you need to have competitive wages. listen to those who wish to advance or even go into ownership. I was willing to invest heavily in a shop i believed in but was never taken seriously.