Fun work but hard

Current Employee - Dealer in Mashantucket, CT
Current Employee - Dealer in Mashantucket, CT

I have been working at Foxwoods Resort Casino

Pros

Get paid to have fun a d play games. Easy and a ton of breaks. Always know what to expect and when to expect it. Could be the easiest job ever.

Cons

Too much smoke. Mean people every where. Hard to be excited about never getting advancement. I make as much as people that cant even speak English. Depressing knowing I will never move up.

Advice to Management

Promote based on education along with other factors. It isn't fair that I get looked over all the time because I am not a long time employee. I have education on my resume!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Foxwoods provided me with the opportunity to learn & work in the Casino Table Games Industry which I have enjoyed .

Former Employee - Pit Manager in Mashantucket, CT
    Former Employee - Pit Manager in Mashantucket, CT

I worked at Foxwoods Resort Casino

Pros

Foxwoods is the largest Casino in the USA and provides customers with a varied menu of Wagering opportunities. The staff at Foxwoods goes all out to provide a memorable GAMING experience.

Cons

Foxwoods is Native American owned Casino. The Mashantucket Tribe is involved with all decisions made with regards to the Casino & Resort operations. It is unfortunate that Tribal Members do not hold any management positions within the Resort.

Advice to Management

Development of a comprehensive Company plan for future growth that is sanctioned by the tribe before inception

2. Good place to work if you really need the money

Current Employee - Credit Representative in Mashantucket, CT
    Current Employee - Credit Representative in Mashantucket, CT

I have been working at Foxwoods Resort Casino

Pros

Free food, if you work in an office its away from the smoke. Overall the work here is not hard but the work is very important yet the Casino feels that is only needs to pay its credit employees 9 bucks an hr to start when we have to research peoples credit history and have access to their social and bank accounts. Seems like they dropped the ball here.

Cons

Annoying customers that feel that have some sort of entitlement, lack of communication between departments, lazy employee phone reps that send customers to random departments. Free food quality for employees gone down hill.

Advice to Management

Up the starting pay for Credit representatives and give those that have been there for awhile a decent pay that is competitive with the local banks. Mohegan Sun pays their representatives more.