Fractal Analytics

www.fractalanalytics.com
  www.fractalanalytics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fractal Analytics

Great people, lots of fun and challenging work in high growth industry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fractal Analytics

Pros

Analytics is a high growth industry that is very exciting with lots of innovation. Fractal encourages people to step outside the box and consider new ways of doing everything. We are working on process improvements in every aspect of the company and it's fun to watch the evolution. Everyone is so nice and considerate and helps each other to learn and grow.

When other companies are downsizing, this one is moving up, way up and FAST!

Cons

Rapid growth with lots of process improvements so things are getting better quickly and people need to be flexible and agile to keep up.

Continue crystallizing and communicate the vision for growth.

222 Other Employee Reviews for Fractal Analytics (View Most Recent)

A good place to learn and grow for a SHORT TIME

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly and young people. A company where you colleagues can be your best friends
    Some of the projects are really good in terms of work
    Freedom to do your work like you want to do
    Relaxed and care free atmosphere
    Trust

Cons

HRs : Well these are the most vella people here whom you'll always see as typing on their laptop. You wont know what they exactly do. For the period of 12 months I never got to know what they really do. Not even one policy of theirs had any effect on me or i got to know of any policy of their which benefits people except people principles (which comes from Srikanth and not HRs). Even in gurgaon two bikes got stolen from office and HR did nothing (absolutely nothing) to boost people's morale. Infact it was the admin department which took some action in terms of listening to employee as to what exactly happened. But from HR point of view no help, no action, and the show goes on. We only get to see HR's face or get to interact with them either on team outings or when we resign. No cab facility after late work hours. You have to book your cab by yourself and you can claim it but then where is the safety.

Project planning: At times projects have a very crunch timelines which is why people have to extend and work more than 12 hours a day.

Poor employee development or no trainings at all: If your project is not good in terms of analytics, well you will be at the same place after a year, or even get degraded, given the fact that you joined and now know nothing after a year.
    When I joined this place, they kept on talking that soon they will have an effective training plan. Its been more than a year and still everything is same. Infact after an year, recently they have initiated a process. But 1 year for that process to be just initiated. Wow! very quick.

Feedback process is such that even if you work very hard and you aren't on good terms with your manager or other leads or they have a preference for someone else, end result is that you wont get any benefit.

You will get to see people with high degrees and splendid education background at high position but nothing inside their head. Will realize that its not the degree that adds values to your mind but its your hard work and thought process which takes you ahead in terms of thinking. Given this fact these people get good levels like Senior Consultant/AD and have no idea of what is analytics or even how normal regression modeling works and mind you these people are from statistics background :D

I am disappointed with the HRs and the way some things didn't click for my stay to be fruitful. I did learn a lot but then I wanted to stay here for a longer time. People principles are a big misconception. They aren't followed in many projects
    I think CEO knows it very well where the gap lies.

Excellent work culture, excellent people

Former Employee - Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexibility, people principles,company values, benefits, excellent people to work with

Cons

repetitive work, working is like not using your brains, software to create models...i am not sure whether this is industry trend or not

There are newer employer reviews for Fractal Analytics