Better than you think it would be

Current Employee - Paralegal  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Paralegal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy

Pros

Great salary, flexible hours, polite attorneys, company perks & parties, fair PTO & sick time, no minimum billing requirement. Great office location.

Cons

Work load is uneven - too much one week, little the other; senior paralegals get more opportunity to bill and hand pick the best cases.

Keep doing what you're doing! The Firm is great! It would be nice to have end of year bonuses for paralegals. Bring back the 15 days PTO minimum.

Other Reviews for Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy

It was a very stressful and mostly bad experience. I did enjoy some of the people I worked with (attorneys included)

Former Employee - Assistant Paralegal  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Paralegal in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy

Pros

Good pay. Most of the co-workers were very approachable and really nice when it came to questions I had about cases. Very good when it came to asking for vacation or just needed time off.

Cons

Sweat shop! Very stressful environment. Absolutely no room for error. Worked close to 80 hours a week on some occasions.

One word: "Streamline". It seemed like there were 3 immediate supervisors plus attorneys that were involved in a variety of cases at a given time. It was very confusing and stressful.

Two years of austerity = mass burnout

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy

Pros

Business casual attire, no issues if you need to come in late or leave early occasionally for a doctor's appointment, very good group of co-workers, most non-attorneys are non-exempt, no billable hours.

Cons

Upper-management is so worried about maintaining their bonuses that they are working the rank and file to the bone. With no new hiring, despite a significant increase in business, there is no opportunity for upward mobility. Also, while the overtime does help to make up for only getting one small raise in the last two years, it would be nice to not feel under constant stress.

People cannot work at maximum capacity indefinitely. We need more new blood both to reduce our stress, and give us hope of future advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy.

Worked for Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy? Contribute to the Community!