France Telecom

www.francetelecom.com

Not as Bad As People Think

Software Engineer (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsOrange is a global company, very innovative we work on cutting edge technology. Very confortable atmosphere to work in. The lab has a unique history and now appears to be more insightful about the skillsets that are needed to become a world reknowned lab and they are moving to that end.

They are a very stable company and are still on track for paying bonuses and merit increases which is very positive since many companies doing this economic down turn cannot financially afford to do this.

ConsFrance Telecom does offer mobility and career advancement but you have to be willing to move to Europe.

Getting approvals from the parent company in France can be timely and unfortunately we all have to suffer because of the timeliness issue which is quite normal for companies who have there parent company in another country..

Some of the downsides are that many of the employees there have worked there for some time and have adopted very negative demotivating attitudes that unfortunately effect the morale of others..

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with staff by having more frequent meetings

Can be interesting but also very frustrating at time

Product Manager (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at France Telecom

Pros: Part of the positives with working for this lab is that with a little bit of luck and research, you get to choose what you… Cons: Being part of a subsidiary that is part of something as big as France Telecom means that you sometimes feel like a very… Advice to Senior Management: More ways to reward employees for good work as advancement… More

If you don't have to work here, Don't

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at France Telecom

Pros: well, it is a R&D institute, not the acadamic style, but more like a lab. I got to experiment with different new ideas and products,… Cons: For one, management sucks. Their idea of "working" is like government agency. You have to physically sit in your seat to work! And HR… Advice to Senior Management: Understand the intelligence part of our job and be flexible.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on France Telecom.

Worked for France Telecom? Contribute to the Community!