There are newer employer reviews for Franciscan Health System

Healthcare Hospital-Employed Physician and Midlevel Overall Assessment

Current Employee - Director  in  Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Director in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Franciscan Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In general, good people in management positions

Cons

Inefficient, lower end of pay scales, managers often have meager experience actually managing the people and objectives for which they are responsible

28 Other Employee Reviews for Franciscan Health System (View Most Recent)

Lackluster at Best-Possibly A Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Franciscan Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Have met some great people as far as co-workers; a good place to see a lot of different medical cases/clinical situations; decent salary and benefits but not fantastic; well-regarded in the community

Cons

Leadership is basically non-existent in the department I work in (you may not see your manager for weeks at a time and are likely to never get a reply to your email or phone message); incompetent and poor performing staff members are retained but their performance shortcomings are expected to be absorbed/compensated by the stronger performing staff members; organization talks about its values and integrity but that is just propaganda-what matters is that the upper management and physicians (who seem to walk on water at this place) get their whims and high salaries met while other staff members just squeak by; they expect full time employees to constantly pick up extra shifts and when people refuse they are told they are "not supporting their co-workers"

Have faith in the knowledge of some of your front end staff; ask staff what the problems are instead of thinking you know the answer and addressing something that isn't really an issue; value the contribution that people make to the organization; understand the stress that poor management places on front end staff; hold department heads accountable

Good place to learn and work!

Current Employee - Nurse Technician  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Nurse Technician in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Franciscan Health System

Pros

They have many areas of interest for new nurses starting out and several great locations to choose from. They treat their employees like family and most managers are very easy to work with about time off and special requests. I will graduate next year and am looking forward to starting my first nursing job there!

Cons

I worked for 18 months in renal dialyis as a dialysis technician and after my one year review I was told I met all the requirements for a $0.60 per hour raise. I was happy to get the extra money but after two paychecks it never happened. I called HR 4 times and talked to everyone, they all said they'd check into it and call me back but no one did. I finally transferred out to a Nurse Technician in a different department. I didn't want to fight it anymore.

Listen to your employees, be respectful of people in all titles, ask rather than tell, do unto other as you would have them do unto you.

There are newer employer reviews for Franciscan Health System

Worked for Franciscan Health System? Contribute to the Community!