FC Review

I worked at Franklin Covey

Pros

You get access to great training material, there is a strong, friendly environment, and you will have the ability to develop yourself professionally.

Cons

Occasionally it can feel disorganized. FC doesn't always pay attention to its employees, and there seems to be little communication between departments.

Make sure your employees have responsibilities, and let them know you will follow-up on those responsibilities to help them feel motivated.

Other Reviews for Franklin Covey

Good place to work, as long as there is a place to work.

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - District Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Franklin Covey

Pros

Ability to impact customers and employees in a positive way.

Cons

The product is very slow to adapt to customer's needs, making the stores themselves obsolete.

The field is expected to turn on a dime, expect the same from everyone.

Franklin Covey needs to practice more of what it preaches

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Franklin Covey

Pros

I have great coworkers and we strive to support each other; we have a generous 3 weeks minimum PTO per yr (but can't carry it over); I'm able to work independently (not micromanaged); it's never boring--there's a lot of variety in job duties; I never worry about being able to get time off work if I need it (management doesn't question it if I get someone to back me up). Great clients and I definitely feel important/valued by the clients and sales force. Don't have to work weekends, holidays. Fairly decent pay.

Cons

The job can get quite stressful--always reacting to emergencies. There's a lot of turnover, so the workload is quite demanding because we are quite often doing 2 people's worth of work. Taking time off gets stressful trying to get ahead enough to take a vacation, and then catching up when back in the office. Duties continually increase as business grows, but our wages stay the same. Although everyone one in the company (including senior management) are great people, it seems some people get positions based on personality or office politics vs ability, and there's not a very open environment to raise concerns--if you question a decision you're viewed as being disloyal or a troublemaker instead of trying to make things better. There's a lot of overtime!!! Maybe another company I would just think that's how corporate-america is and I should just be grateful for a job, but since we're FranklinCovey, we preach being a lot better than that--I would like to see it practiced a lot more!

I think that senior management doesn't realize just how much coordinators have to handle/keep track of--just how big our workload is, and how complicated it can be. I think they may look at us more as entry level customer service reps, and we're FAR beyond that. I would like them to streamline procedures and systems to make our job easier, to initiate ways where we can raise concerns or questions in a healthy open way, to pay us a little more to help compensate for the stress and turnover. Look at ways to reduce workload and enhance work/life balance (since that's what we preach).

There are newer employer reviews for Franklin Covey.

Worked for Franklin Covey? Contribute to the Community!