There are newer employer reviews for Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union

Professional atmosphere with a twist

Current Employee - Teller I in Holmes, PA
Current Employee - Teller I in Holmes, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union part-time (more than an year)

Pros

able to anjoy your job (having fun is encouraged)
decent pay
work with availability well

Cons

sometimes employ those that shouldn't still be employed

10 Other Employee Reviews for Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Good company overall, currently struggling to execute its core values

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Broomall, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Broomall, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong emphasis on strengthening customer/member relations and community involvement. Company takes a lot of pride in its involvement in educating our youth in the area of Financial Literacy. Preaches the "Fish" philosophy for employees and a "Welcome Home" environment for the members. Paid time off is policy is fantastic. Branch staff are very reasonably coached to sell based on member needs.

Cons

In recent years there has been more turnover, leadership is weakening, and there is an all-around obvious sense of frustration surrounding the lack of continuity with regards to branch staff. Difficult to create a strong team atmosphere and a sense of ownership among staff when they see the constant movement of personnel around them.

It starts with getting the right people in positions of leadership.

"The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there."

Vast differences between districts.

I worked at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union

Pros

Really great place to keep your money, I never felt like a fraud when I was explaining a product to members. Liked the small company feel and knowing everyone's name. Great hours and flexible schedule. Credit was given where it was due (from upper management). Great atmosphere to work in at Broomall office, everyone was friendly.

Cons

Pushed into sales that people didn't need. Branch mangers were glorified member service reps and relied on their staff to do everything and then took the credit (or did the opposite when things were negative). Branch mangers out of the branch at "business events" but no new membership was drawn from it. Seemed like a waste of time.

Pay attention to staff at branches and those running branches closer.

There are newer employer reviews for Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union