Franklin Templeton Investments

www.franklintempleton.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Franklin Templeton Investments

Very political and no recognition

Former Employee - Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The benefits were top notch as far as i was aware. They do a merit raise program unless it is a down year. some of the employees were very friendly.

Cons

Very biased view of the department from the management and supervisor. Some employees are given jobs that they can't handle, and moved around to avoid their layoff; while others have to ask for jobs to progress and do extra things and don't get any compensation or recognition. They don't give you any fore warning of a layoff coming.

Advice to Management

make sure all employees are treated equal. Have management and supervisor training for new supervisors (my supervisor had at least one job function she had no training on and had to figure it out as she went.)

Other Employee Reviews for Franklin Templeton Investments

Room For Improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

- Most people here treat each other with respect. - On campus gym and cafe are highly appreciated! - Work/Life balance (getting a day off is never difficult at least for me) - Location is good (right off the freeway)

Cons

- Company doesn't do much to show appreciation for employees (no Xmas parties, no gifts, bonus is tiny to nonexistent, and meetings rarely provide food unless they are for upper management...for the little guys, you might get a slice of cheap pizza) - I sometimes need to come in early or work late to accomodate people oversea. This was not written in my job description and I don't feel like employees who go above and beyond their responsibilities get rewarded. This makes me not motivated to care... - Outsourced way too much work over to India! I love my Indian coworkers but I feel like we should not be so cheap that we dont hire more in America. When a person in America is out, we have to wait a whole day for someone in India to get back to us. this is ridiculous! - Salary: I've been here for couple years without a significant raise, but I noticed that to get a raise, you must move to a different position. this often encourages people to leave quickly out of a department, and therefore, you're left with inexperienced people all the time. - there are so many passwords for everything and they expire so fast...on top of that, it takes so long to get someone to reset them. and reseting each one requires a special ticket and it is so confusing how and with whom to open them. AHHHH!!

Advice to Management

Reading this website is a start....plus... Since the bad economy, to keep your employees happy, you might consider giving annual gifts such as ipod, dinner certificate, sport game tickets, etc to compensate for the lack of bonus and pay raise. That way, when the economy does pick up, employees (hopefully) are grateful not to leave.

Working at Franklin

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Mateo, CA

Pros

People are good, conservative company. So they think ahead and are reasonable other than money wherever they can be.

Cons

Don't pay well compared to others. Too much cost cutting

Advice to Management

None