There are newer employer reviews for Fraser Health

I have enjoyed my work and my co-workers.

Current Employee - Nurse
Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Fraser Health

Pros

It is a large Health Authority, therefore there if a variety of choices of work sites.

Cons

I found management to not respect the collective agreements and have little working knowledge of it, unless it is of benefit for them. I also found that Fraser Health to have difficulty retaining specialist in my field, again it was a lack of respect of the requests that the doctors where making. For example: implementing evidence based practice. I know four doctors, two of them had relocated from other countries that ended up leaving there positions due lack of work life balance, all of them made efforts to work with management to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement, but all ultimately left.

Upper management watch your front line and middle management, ensure they are treating your front line employees with respect. I think you have encouraged the managers to consult Human Resources in regards to the collective agreements, but I find the limited working knowledge of it is an issue. Most of all I think it is important that they work from a place that supports the principles that the Fraser Health Authority holds. I know that Fraser Health wants to be a respectful workplace that honours its employees empowering them to provide the best care for the people we serve. If management provides good leadership, listens to employees, and respects them as people, then when times are tough the majority of the staff will understand and not become as demoralised when funding and programs are cut. When people are scrutinized and not heard, they drift from what they believe in, making it difficult to be creative and work together to make the best of what we have. You have some wonderful employees treat them well.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Fraser Health (View Most Recent)

Not bad

I have been working at Fraser Health

Pros

wage is okay, lots of departments at which to work, lots of internal job postings

Cons

workload does not match salary, underfunded

keep working with allocating funds to make work more manageable

Glad I got the opportunity to work here.

I have been working at Fraser Health

Pros

great workplace, great people, good salary, good benefits

Cons

not much room to move when you reach a certain level

help support advancement

There are newer employer reviews for Fraser Health

Worked for Fraser Health? Contribute to the Community!