There are newer employer reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

I felt that in a small way that I was making a difference to the current and future health of others.

Former Employee - Data Coordinator II in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Data Coordinator II in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Great team work toward a common goal. I felt appreciated. I liked working for a well respected reseach organization that made a difference to the health of others. Generous benefit package.

Cons

Some jobs combine many responsibilities and ask for higher skills without proper compensation for the position. I understand because of study budgets, but it's still not right.

I wish to be re-employed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center - a true compliment to this organization! I also appreciate that this employer is non-profit.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (View Most Recent)

Great if you research pans out. If it ends of in nowheresville than you are on your own

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Researcher in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Researcher in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Pros

Great intellectual environment.
    Nice 401k match

Cons

Finding your next position is really all on you.

better alternative career options

The haves, and the have nots

Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Pros

The physical buildings are wonderful, there are two great cafeterias on site, and many of my coworkers have been caring, ethical, intelligent people. Little pressure to produce, easygoing environment.

Cons

"Member track" faculty are treated like gods. I've been here for a while, so I've seen it all. Faculty disappear for months with no notice, leaving their employees confused and rudderless. Faculty treat their employees like slaves, so much so that HR offers a compassionate shoulder to cry on, but no action is EVER taken to deal with borderline sociopathic faculty members. Your education level is the strongest indicator of how far you can go at FHCRC - if you just have a BS, your career ladder is very short. Some dedicated people have worked at the same level for 25 years, with no hope of advancement. It makes me sad to watch. However, since good work is never rewarded, and bad work is never punished, this is a fairly easy place to work, just floating along collecting paychecks. The only way to lose your job is to have your grant run out, and that has nothing to do with the quality of your work. So float on, gaze at the lake, and take a 2-hour coffee break. No one will notice or care.

Mandatory management training for faculty. It's almost a joke how often this suggestion is made, and ignored.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center