Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

www.fredhutch.org
There are newer employer reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Fair

I have been working at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Pros

Allows flexibility in work hours, good benefits and diversity in the company, environmental and health conscious work place, good commute options

Cons

working from home is not supported, no group discussions happen within the group for advancing in the career or the position

need better support from the management for advancing careers and professional growth, better cross network discussions for knowledge improvement and advancing skills

114 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (View Most Recent)

IT Dept. hypocrisy and management incompetence.

I have been working at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Pros

I love my coworkers. Some are just coasting for a paycheck but most IT workers, except management, are smart and hard working. It has been awesome to work with them. Work is very flexible and telecommuting is allowed as long as you get your work done on time. The Hutch IT department is constantly learning and deploying new technology and gears so learning opportunity is there.

Cons

Although the department says they promote from within, it is definitely not the case. A couple of my coworkers applied for an entry level management job and lost to another outside candidate that used to work at the boss' old company. It's peculiar that almost all the new management hires used to work with the boss.

My coworker and I have been working at the Hutch for 10+ years with glowing reviews each year, not that it automatically qualifies us for the job but we definitely don't feel we are any less qualified than the person hired; we have been told by several people the same thing as well. What's more hurtful was the reason they told us why we didn't get the job, which was complete bullsh**. We are all adults, just tell us the real reason please. I just wish I didn't waste my time going through the vigorous interviewing process which consists of 3 interviews and probably 6+ hours of my time.

The morale is really low right now with critical systems breaking often and blatant cronyism in hiring practice. Scientists are fuming and screaming at us for the bad and broken services we provide. I feel embarrassed to work at IT right now, we are not helping the Hutch's mission by helping the scientists do their jobs. Heck, with systems breaking left and right, we are impeding their research. We are hiring more supervisors and managers, not worker. It's getting to be a big bloated corporation like where the boss came from.

I really don't see any improvement with the current management in charge. The only hope is for things to get so bad that the C-level executives will wake up and realize what's going on.

Great place to learn and be involved in something that can change the world

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Pros

Great atmosphere and positive learning environment. Creativity and hard work is encouraged and rewarded. Great staff and working environment, very comfortable.

Cons

Slower work environment, very relaxed which is preferred by some people, this also depends on what you are doing and where you are working.

Nothing negative. Great place to work and learn, proud to work with great people for such a worthwhile cause. Highly recommended place to work!

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center