There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Arrogance & Insignificance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

A place to work and have co-worker friends that support each other.

Cons

Arrogant and self serving managment people.There main interest seams to be in promoting themselves no matter who they step on to get there.
No cost of living increases. I am payed only 0.40 cents an hour than I was nearly a decade ago. With the cost of insurance, taxes etc. I take home less money now, while the company braggs to us on a regular basis how our hard work keeps increasing there millions in profits. We are the ones making them there profits, not the managers, PIC's etc.. From my experience most of them are very lazy.
Continual cuts in employees and work hours puts more stress and work on all other employees and we are expected to maintain the work load and managments expectations no matter how insignificate they are. I contiuually here managment people, from store directors to PIC's, talking down customers. Seams to be in complete opposition to the "Customer First" "policy" they talk to us about. Fred Meyer for myself and the majority of my co-workers that I speak with, is a very stressfull place to work.

Pay us a living wage! Treat us as intelligent human beings!

287 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer (View Most Recent)

Middle of the road

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Fred Meyer

Pros

Employee discount, fast paced, convenient locations

Cons

Just a number to them, long hours

More employee recognition

My experience is generally positive.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fred Meyer

Pros

There are always enough hours if you want to work. Generally speaking, it's a pretty steady paycheck. The benefit packages are quite good for the job level.

Cons

Management are always finding ways to cut man hours. Stringent break schedule. High stress environment. Easy to get fired. Lack of communications between Associates and managers.

Management should be more appreciative of store associates, not just provide lip service. Employee appreciation week seems to be more for managers than anyone else.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!