Fred Meyer
www.fredmeyer.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Not a bad starter job.

Home Sales Clerk (Current Employee)
South Hill, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe employees are generally nice. Most of the time, the management is helpful as far as training goes.

ConsUnfortunately, the management team at my particular store is not very helpful (Notice I said MOST of the time). They don't agree on much and treat each other like garbage on a regular basis. I wanted to go into management, and before I decided I wanted to do that, I didn't see much of the way they treated each other...maybe because I wasn't paying attention until then, or maybe they just let me in on a little more, but either way, it made me decide I didn't want to do it anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat each other with respect. It's bad for your employees to see you talking to each other that way, and it makes for a bad working environment for everyone.

Longevity from a stable company

Merchandise Planner (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Fred Meyer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great to work for a successful company, opportunities within many… Cons: Must weave thru the political maze carefully Advice to Senior Management: Recognize those producing results Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great employer.

Home Sales Clerk (Current Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Fred Meyer full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good culture. Stable employment. Union salary, pension and benefits Cons: Mostly part time work. The company says they value work life balance, but in order to get as many hours as possible, you have to… Advice to Senior Management: A steady schedule with predictable hours and days off makes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fred Meyer.

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Meyer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fred Meyer CEO Lynn Gust. All reviews posted anonymously by Fred Meyer employees.