Fred Meyer

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Not a bad starter job.

Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in South Hill, WA
Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in South Hill, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are generally nice. Most of the time, the management is helpful as far as training goes.

Cons

Unfortunately, the management team at my particular store is not very helpful (Notice I said MOST of the time). They don't agree on much and treat each other like garbage on a regular basis. I wanted to go into management, and before I decided I wanted to do that, I didn't see much of the way they treated each other...maybe because I wasn't paying attention until then, or maybe they just let me in on a little more, but either way, it made me decide I didn't want to do it anymore.

Treat each other with respect. It's bad for your employees to see you talking to each other that way, and it makes for a bad working environment for everyone.

322 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer (View Most Recent)

Longevity from a stable company

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fred Meyer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great to work for a successful company, opportunities within many areas, strong values

Cons

Must weave thru the political maze carefully

Recognize those producing results

10 years of corporate America have turned me into a Sociologist just to make sure I'm not crazy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers throughout the years have been awesome. It can be a very comfortable place to be, with a just-enough wage and just easy enough workload you don't realize how long you've been there.

Cons

Management dictates, and they do it absolutely and, in many cases, especially coming from the Main Office, they do it without regards to physical labor. Because they are so far removed from the _doing_ of things, it can be frustrating to execute their will.

Work in a store, listen to your employees, and I mean _really_ listen to them and not just pay lip-service and remember that just saying your employees are your most valuable resource doesn't do anything. They are your co-workers, and your peers and deserve to be treated as more than a resource to begin with.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer