Fred Meyer

www.fredmeyer.com
  www.fredmeyer.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Managers were rarely present, which matched the presence of polite customers

I worked at Fred Meyer

Pros

Fair wage, decent hours and an oudoor job

Cons

RUDE customers, smells like gas. Very mundane work with little variety.

Offer incentives and promotions to motivate workers

306 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer (View Most Recent)

Hours suck

Current Employee - Apparel Clerk in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Apparel Clerk in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time

Pros

It is great when it is near Christmas and they give you about 25-30 hours.

Cons

It sucks after the new year that they cut your hours to about 18 a week, just a few hours shy of being able to maintain the benefits. You have to pay union dues even though if you don't get enough hours, it really doesn't seem to do you any good.

HR states they want to make sure you can get benefits, so make sure no one gets hired at less than the required amount per department unless it is for an awfully good reason.

good work, bad leadership

Former Employee - Food PIC in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Food PIC in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Fred Meyer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This comapany has great benefits and great coworkers. pay is decent, and discounts are great. Flexible hours make it great for college students

Cons

No work life balance for full time employees. must be available 24/7. Many hazards related to being in an isolated zone. Senior regional staff plays the buddy system and hires people for store management positions that they are friends or family with. If you arent in their click then good luck. Feels like high school again. RDS is rude and generally avoids speaking with anyone he deems to be "beneath". Management is so concerend with the bottom dollar and their bonuses that they forget their employees. This prevents employees from having the tools they need to do their jobs. They are so focused on limiting hours that we cant get our jobs done. In order to have a set schedule you can plan a life around you have to have a key position but once you have a key position you need to be available 24/7 so you still cant make plans.

Open your eyes and care about your employees. Many long term employees are talking of leaving the company because of the recent direction we are taking. The core values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Safety, and Inclusion are out the window right now. One of the most common things employees hear is that we must take ownership for our faults and our problems. The challenge is out for senior management to do the same.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer