Fred Meyer
www.fredmeyer.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

good work, bad leadership

Food PIC (Former Employee)
Anchorage, AK

I worked at Fred Meyer full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThis comapany has great benefits and great coworkers. pay is decent, and discounts are great. Flexible hours make it great for college students

ConsNo work life balance for full time employees. must be available 24/7. Many hazards related to being in an isolated zone. Senior regional staff plays the buddy system and hires people for store management positions that they are friends or family with. If you arent in their click then good luck. Feels like high school again. RDS is rude and generally avoids speaking with anyone he deems to be "beneath". Management is so concerend with the bottom dollar and their bonuses that they forget their employees. This prevents employees from having the tools they need to do their jobs. They are so focused on limiting hours that we cant get our jobs done. In order to have a set schedule you can plan a life around you have to have a key position but once you have a key position you need to be available 24/7 so you still cant make plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes and care about your employees. Many long term employees are talking of leaving the company because of the recent direction we are taking. The core values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Safety, and Inclusion are out the window right now. One of the most common things employees hear is that we must take ownership for our faults and our problems. The challenge is out for senior management to do the same.

Hours suck

Apparel Clerk (Current Employee)
Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time

Pros: It is great when it is near Christmas and they… Cons: It sucks after the new year that they cut your hours to about 18 a week, just a few hours shy of being able to… Advice to Senior Management: HR states they want to make sure you can get benefits, so make sure no one gets… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mostly ups but some downs

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)
Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Fred Meyer full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: good benefits, associate discounts, opportunities to move up, training is available, most managers and store directors really care about their associates and it shows, flexible… Cons: pay is not fair across the store, parcels do not get paid enough for what we ask them to do, hard to get approval for… Advice to Senior Management: all district managers should have to work at least 3 full days in stores every 6 months to see how things are on a day… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fred Meyer.

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Meyer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fred Meyer CEO Lynn Gust. All reviews posted anonymously by Fred Meyer employees.