Ugh

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Fred Meyer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None to mention, can't think of any.

Cons

They drain the life out of you. Union!

Come down to off your high horse.

Other Reviews for Fred Meyer

Good work when with the right co-workers

Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits; employee discount and holiday pay at 6months, as well as vacation time at 1 year.

Cons

Your management team can make or break your experience. If you have a poor manager or management team, you may grow to dislike your job, but most often you will have at least 1-2 managers on your team that will know what they are doing and will help you out.

Set up schedules that work for people, and try and keep that constant. If allotted hours shift, try and keep the rest of their shifts consistent, such as days off, and then reduce load from their (make them work part of the same shift, rather than change it around a lot). Also, be sure to communicate your work plan and your intentions with the employees so they can see what their work is accomplishing.

Good experience

Former Employee - Apparel Clerk
    Former Employee - Apparel Clerk

I worked at Fred Meyer part-time

Pros

Getting to help customers was always great, and I absolutely loved all of my coworkers. It was a good atmosphere, and I would work there again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Sometimes the expectations of corporate and management was too high. A heavy workload is one thing, but we're not superhuman, and it's ridiculous to ask us to have everything perfect by close when we still have customers on the floor at close.

There should be a 30 minute window after close when workers can do a quick sweep before leaving without having to worry about being penalized for staying late.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer.

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!