Fred Meyer
www.fredmeyer.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Long days, decent pay...

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Puyallup, WA

ProsPay, Benefits, pretty good opportunity to move up. Though I can't say that I recommend that too much. Company is in numerous cities nationwide. Also an extremely strong competitor in the industry, putting many out of business.

ConsVery high expectations, often unreal. Also not big on training. Management can get moved to very very long commutes, occasionally 2 hours long one way. Company is extremely geared towards shareholders, which can be a pro if you happen to purchase and even receive their stock.

Good for a short term "gotta pay the bills" type job.

Freight PIC (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Fred Meyer full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent benefits and plenty of hours. Cons: Low pay, little room for advancement and an archaic dress… Advice to Senior Management: Up date the dress code and pay employees a little… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place, entry level job

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros: The discounts are nice, and the people are usually nice Cons: Customer service isnt the best job in the world Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees well, there is a good reason people… More
There are newer reviews on Fred Meyer.

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Meyer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fred Meyer CEO Lynn Gust. All reviews posted anonymously by Fred Meyer employees.